WildLights at The Living Desert
Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 6:00pm
The Living Desert
47900 Portola Avenue, Palm Desert, CA 92260
This year WildLights is celebrating 27 years dazzling guests by transforming the Zoo into a sparkling winter wonderland. Come to this festive, annual tradition and marvel at more than a million colorful, sparkling holiday lights. Guests will encounter a herd of life-size, luminescent animal lanterns, including giraffe and cheetahs, explore newly added pathways and stroll through the popular tunnel of lights flashing to holiday music. Animal encounters and keeper chats, carousel rides, and entertainment are offered nightly. In true WildLights tradition, the festive G-scale model trains with more than 3,300 feet of track will be decked out for the holidays. Delicious food and beverages will also be available for purchase.
- general event questions:
- What can I do at the event?
WildLights is a magical winter wonderland complete with a million twinkling lights, light displays, and holiday fun. It is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit and make lasting memories with friends and family.
- Nightly Activities:
Included Experiences (with paid WildLights admission) :
- Visits with Santa – Palm Garden
- Synchronized Light Zones
- New this year! The Dazzling Gift – Savannah’s Landing
- Tunnel of Lights -Events Area
- Discovery Center
- Village WaTuTu
- Arts and Crafts – Discovery Center
- Live Entertainment – Palm Garden
- Movies – Discovery Center
- Exploring the Zoo’s lighted pathways and light displays – throughout Africa. The majority of North America will be closed.
- Plentiful photo opportunities
- Visit with the animals of Africa
- Animal encounters and keeper chats
- Upgraded Experiences (for an additional fee)
- Camel Connection
- S’mores Station – adjacent to the carousel
- Polar Express Train Ride – located in Gecko Gulch, adjacent to the Discovery Center
- Enjoy various food and beverage options – The Thorntree Grill and Safari Soft Serve in Village Watutu, The Kookaburra Café, the Churro Stop, Palm Garden Outdoor Grill, Beverage Cart in the Living Legacy Garden, S’mores Station
- Click here for the full WildLights schedule and map.
- What about Santa?
Guests can meet and take a photo with Santa. Zoo volunteers will be on hand to help facilitate taking your photo.
- Santa is available each WildLights evening between 6:00-9:00pm. Santa takes a break from 6:45-7:00pm and 7:45-8:00pm. The last admission into the Santa line is 8:45pm.
Santa will depart for the North Pole on Christmas Day, so he will not be at WildLights on December 26, 27, and 28.
- How do I make the most of our WildLights evening?
- Purchase tickets in advance, either online here or at the self-service kiosks at the entrance and skip the lines
- Plan your route and activities
- Arrive before 6pm or after 7:30pm
- Dress warmly and for comfort
- Are WildLights tours available?
WildLights is a self-guided experience. Group and private tours are not available during WildLights.
November 27, 29, 30
December 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28